USA is ready to sponsor every journalist wishing to make a difference in the field of journalism by organizing a News Corp Media Fellowship in Washington D.C. This is done by such professional bodies like The Wall Journal and The International Center For Journalists. This is a one time training that aim at equipping journalists with the necessary journalistic skills. New ideas that aid professionalism in the field of journalism will also be reworded in the course of this training. The best innovation from a participant will be greeted with more benefits which include;
1. A three-month News Corp fellowship in New York. And,
2. A one-to-one guidance at the WSJ media science lab.
3. Aside the above benefits, an exceptional partaker in this program will be encouraged to carry out some projects on:
* Workflow and collaboration in a global newsroom.
* Collection of raw information
* New training and retraining discoveries
* Social media audience monitoring techniques
* Editing and,
* Statistical skills in journalism.
Before the three months fellowship, a briefing will be organized by ICFJ in Washington D.C., which aims at reinforcing the beneficiary and to equip him or her for the task. Here an idea to initial a data oriented project will be shared.
This program is fully funded and will therefore take care of all the travel expenses of the participants.
To qualify, you must;
1. Be an English Speaker
2. Have at least three years experience.
3. Have an experience in working with data and website.
4. Must have taken part the webinars done by editors and reporters with mastery of the modern journalism tools, conceptualization, understanding on mobile and audience involvement and artificial intelligence.
To participate in the fellowship, the following facts must be borne in mind:
1. Application starts on 7th of July. And, between 29th and 30th July, 40 selected journalists will be able to have assess to the webinars.
2. Grants can only be given to journalists who have taken part in the two webinars to help them carry out their project.
3. It should also be noted that your project must be aimed at breaking new grounds in the field of traditional journalism, podcasting, citizen journalism and data journalism.
More benefits of this program is that every beneficiary will get a firsthand mentorship through online platforms from renowned journalists and professionals in editing and reporting.
Successful participants in the previous stages will triumph to the final stage which is the News Corp Media Fellowship. When invited to the WSJ newsroom, the participant will showcase innovative ideas and journalistic flare.
Get more details of this by visiting official website of the 2019 News Corp Media Fellowship for Global Journalism.
Deadline for Application is July 7th 2019.